Featured Post

Sunday, March 10, 2019

FAQ 14 Why No Daylight Saving in Arizona?

FAQ 14 No Daylight Saving in Arizona
Sunday, March 10



No Spring 
The biannual ritual of messing with clocks. It's 26 degrees outside - spring is nowhere in sight. I've included a tummy warmer recipe for a cold, gloomy day while running around the house updating clocks.

I do love my clocks. I have a house full. With the kids at a birthday celebration, the house is TV free. The sound of a quietly ticking clock is soothing. A cup of coffee, a comfy chair, and a book to read, paradise.


After I've moved to a house in Missouri after my husband died, I'm turning the clocks forward in my home for the first time in 35+ years. I haven't done this since I was in college in Indiana. I can never remember if it's Spring Forward and Fall Back or Fall Forward and Spring Back. I had to look at my cell phone. 

Arizona doesn't do Daylight Savings. If it did Summer would be a nightmare of Hell on earth. It's tolerable when the sunset is 7 or 8 o'clock pm and things finally start cooling off, but with Daylight savings, it would be 9 o'clock pm before the day would end. 

Daylight Savings was designed to give workers more time during the day to work. Theoretically, you don't use as many lights in your house either. In Arizona, the minute it gets to triple digits all hope of saving electricity is gone. You don't want more sunlight. When the sun goes down people in Arizona begin to live.

Here's a quick and Easy 
Arizona Taco Tortilla Soup Recipe
in a Crock Pot simmer for 3 hours:
Note: All cans are 15.5 oz (weird size) -  don't drain  the cans -it's soup it needs the favorable water
2 cans of Rotel ( 1 mild & 1 hot)
1 can Red Kidney Beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans 
1 can corn
1 lb lean ground beef
1 large red onion
1 can diced Hatch green chiles (or fresh if you are able)
2 Packets Taco seasoning
cilantro (to taste)
garlic powder ( to taste)
Serving: 
After the soup is cooked put 1 cup in a ceramic bowl, 
Top off with tortilla chips and good shredded Mexican Cheese 
I don't add salt because the canned veggies have enough
1 cup is about 260 calories, with plenty of fiber!








No comments:

Post a Comment